Friday, January 29, 2010

Photo-a-Day: Yemen

 
 


I think I shall re-name this blog *photo-a-day: yemen*. this will require commitment, however. Am I up to it?

9:14 on fri evening. Tomorrow the school week starts and I would like to finish instructions on making a book report before I sleep. Plus get my pack lunch together and tidy up.

Stopped by Dave’s place this evening. His young wife, a conservative young woman from a small Yemeni village, held baby Akram well bundled in a blanket in her lap. As a veiled woman she was uncomfortable, unable to be in the same room as a man not her husband, so she did not accompany us to Sam’s.

Sam smokes Rothmans and took me into his daughters room to see this shelf made entirely of empty Rothmans cigarette packs glued together.  On the drive home I snapped a photo of the al-Saleh mosque, blurry as I was driving quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment